Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't connect/watch while using VPN
Hello y'all!

I've got a Mi Box S 2nd Gen and installed MFC. yesterday.
I also have a Surfshark VPN subscription.

Well, while not behind the VPN service it works perfectly. Congrats MFC!

But when I am behind it, no good!
I have played with it a little bit, here I have showed all the scenarios:
(Important note: All but the MCF app worked, Youtube, Netflix, Prime... ect)

1- Using Surfshark app:
Using Wiregard Protocol, speedtest gave me a 55Mbps bandwith
I could log into MFC, it shows the menus but as soon as I click on play, it starts the Streaming... but after some seconds, it returns with "Can't connect and prepare resouce" message.

Tried to change the protocol to OpenVPN and still have the same message. Though a 13Mbps bandwith.

2- Using a router with Surfshark configured:
Bandwith goes to 90Mbps but;
Can't even log in to MFC , error message at the log in screen is "Connect Error: Something went wrong while connecting to the server.

Does anyone have the same issue?
Is there any problem with Surfshark VPN? Or all VPN's?

Help!
Hello,

I am having issues with Express VPN. When not enabled, MFC works fine most of the time, but when VPN is enabled, apps is very slow and stream buffers but never starts to play and then quits. Funny - I thought the whole point of a VPN was to work with these types of apps!

Thanks

(10-17-2023, 03:28 PM)Nickobr Wrote: Hello y'all!

1- Using Surfshark app:
I could log into MFC, it shows the menus but as soon as I click on play, it starts the Streaming... but after some seconds, it returns with "Can't connect and prepare resouce" message.

Tried to change the protocol to OpenVPN and still have the same message. Though a 13Mbps bandwith.

Can't even log in to MFC , error message at the log in screen is "Connect Error: Something went wrong while connecting to the server.

Help!
I had the exact same problem with Surfshark and it's all fixed now. I just came across this post so I hope I'm not too late. The quick answer is to use TCP protocol and connect to a static server.

The long answer with my experience as reference is: After one of MFC's updates last year it stopped working for me. While connected with Surfshark VPN (Wireguard protocol) MFC would load the main screen but get stuck in an infinite buffering loop when trying to watch something. I signed up with NordVPN, tested their Killswitch and it worked so I contacted Surfshark to tell them to remove my billing information because I wasn't going to be renewing. They asked why and I told them about the steaming issue. The CSR wasted 40 minutes of my time with several failed fixes then their shift ended and another CSR took over. The first thing he said was to try a static server using TCP and it worked. The speeds are about 16Mbps but I never have any problems with MFC buffering. Everything works perfectly now.

I hope that helps.

(10-17-2023, 03:28 PM)Nickobr Wrote: Hello y'all!

1- Using Surfshark app:

Help!